Antivirus and anti spam for ubuntu desktop

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 19:48:25 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 7:43 PM,  <valhalla2100 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am thinking of going to Debian, the Novell or to Fedora.  I was told that they were very secure.
>
> I think that I will set up a solid state drive with a LINUX OS and
> check the alerts that way.

You will not have any better an experience.

I don't think you are going to listen, but once again:

* you did not get a virus
* you did not need to replace your hard disk
* there are no Linux viruses in the wild & no spyware or anything similar at all
* if you can't tell us what site you were going to and so on, we can't
even tell you what happened
* you wasted your money replacing the disk
* you can just plug in the old disk and get whatever you want of it,
it is not infected

And finally, since you don't seem to be catching on...

* The people asking for your hard disk etc. are just teasing you! :¬)

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508