USB-drive, endmark prob. Repairable?

HermanAA hermanaa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 20:41:04 UTC 2010

Is this USB-flash-drive repairable maybe?

I was trying to reformat this 2GB USB-flash-drive.

--------------------------
TestDisk 6.11, Data Recovery Utility, April 2009

Disk /dev/sdd - 2199 GB / 2048 GiB - CHS 267349 255 63
Current partition structure:
     Partition                  Start        End    Size in sectors

Partition sector doesn't have the endmark 0xAA55

There is no END marker.
The USB-drive looks likes a 2Tbyte (1024 GB) drive.

I tried with 2 different formatting programs.
This program TestDisk 6.11 gives specifics. (TestDisk is one of the
programs of SysRescue-cd)
The other program Gparted (I used GParted on SysRescue-cd) says it is
Read-only, it has no write-access.

Before discarding the 2GB flashdrive (of a poor student), I ask here.

Herman in Philippines.