HP Laptop Pavilion dv7-3165, no sound

Franklin S Werren admin at chautauqualake.net
Wed Mar 17 16:01:04 UTC 2010

Hi There;

The sound settings have 2 choices HDMI and Internal Audio output
and nothing is muted. I have not tried the webcam yet.. But I think
there may
be a bug there too....

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=4121358&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

I was going to use Windows 7 Home Premium and then use www.virtualbox.org
software to use Ubuntu and the dang thing did not want to load any guest OS
That software works in XP

I suspect it is a driver issue...
I use another computer with XP Pro on it so no biggie
but it would be nice to use the full resources of Ubuntu

Frank

Franklin S Werren admin at chautauqualake.net
www.chautauqualake.net

Confidentiality Note:  This email and any attachments are confidential and may contain privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and remove the email and any attachments from your system without storing, disclosing or copying all, or any part of it. The content of this email and attachments may contain data that falls within the scope of the Data Protection Act 1998. The unauthorized opening, use, recording, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden under the Data Protection Act 1998.