Logitech 9000 webcam

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 18:36:32 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello, just got this cam and it can do some very nice stuff but only
>>> in windows. It works in linux at low res so that is a good start. I
>>> was thinking of doing it in wine but what should I download? win xp,
>>> vista, system 7 and 64 bit or 32 bit (my Ubuntu is 64 bit). Thanks for
>>> any help or new ideas!
>>
>> I don't think WINE will help you.
>>
>> What USB device ID does it give when it's plugged in? The "lsusb"
>> command might help here. Google for more info if you don't know what
>> this means.
>>
>> Have you tried simply Googling for linux support for this model?
>> Seeing if there's a newer driver you can download or anything?

> I have looked at logitech. They have 32 and 64 bit xp, vista and
> system 7, Nothing more.

You won't get any help from the manufacturer. It's very rare to, and
if you do, it will probably proudly proclaim "linux compatible" on the
box.

> I have not done a general search.

Well, do one, then! That is what I suggested! If someone gives you a
suggestion, there is no point in just replying "no, I haven't done
that"!

> I was trying
> to get Skype to work at high res but I will  take a look at cheese.
> BTW it works just fine in low res with skype. The USB is being found
> etc.

That's good, but try doing what I suggested, which will give us all
some more info.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508