Logitech 9000 webcam

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 17:27:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Walter Garcia-Fontes
<walter.garcia at upf.edu> wrote:
> * Knapp [12/03/10 18:07]:
>> system 7, Nothing more. I have not done a general search. I was trying
>> to get Skype to work at high res but I will  take a look at cheese.
>> BTW it works just fine in low res with skype. The USB is being found
>
> Try to see if preloading the compatibility library for video for linux
> 1 allows you to use your webcam fully. You should try from a command line:
>
> LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so /usr/bin/skype
>
> --
> Walter Garcia-Fontes
> Barcelona

That did change it so that it says 2.0 on start up bit not change the
way that linux skype works. I really think that only with the MS
drivers and with the MS skype can HD webcams be used. I would LOVE to
be proven wrong! that is why I want to know how best to run it under
wine. Maybe I should use a vitual machine? Might that work? I really
don't want to have to duel boot. I have not used MS in 12 years!
--
Douglas E Knapp

Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.