question about ncdu results

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 8 10:34:16 UTC 2010

Jay Ridgley wrote:
> In the process I discovered that on two of the four systems it reports an error
> in the directory .gvfs for the home directory of a user(not the same user). The
> other users are OK and on the other systems all the users are OK.
>
> Each directory appears to be empty... What should I do to correct things?

Nothing's wrong, there's nothing to correct.

> BTW what is the directory .gvfs for any way?

Full answer: google is your friend

My slightly jaundiced summary: It's a fancy gnome filesystem thingy that
does things a little different to every other entry in the filesystem
and makes life difficult for people and applications that don't expect
it. But it was designed that way.

Cheers, Dave