Zero Bytes free on my hard drive

Keith Clark keithclark at k-wbookworm.com
Sat Mar 6 15:04:56 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 08:08 -0500, Keith Clark wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 22:44 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> > Keith Clark wrote:
> > > I'm using Recovery Mode bootup.  Then terminal session with network
> > > access.
> >
> >      Also just as an aside, when people ask for the output of a particular
> > tool can you C&P the exact output if at all possible?  The reason I mention it
> > is that, speaking as a technical support professional, the small details matter.
> >
> >      I have read portions of this thread hoping for the output so I could see
> > and verify what is going on.  Not that I don't believe you, but sometimes what
> > you tell us the tool tells us might differ in just that crucial bit that could
> > solve the whole problem.  By showing that output along with your
> > interpretation it lets us either confirm what you're seeing and/or point out
> > other possible interpretations as well as further thoughts on how to diagnose
> > the problem.  :)
>
> When I was in recovery mode, I was unable to use an email program on the
> computer with the problem!  Copying and Pasting was not an option.  I
> had to use a laptop aside my problem machine to be able to post results,
> or I would have.
>
> That being said, now that I have it up and running, I can copy and past
> my results from various commands now.
>
> Keith

Here are some outputs:

keithclark at HP1211N:~$ df -h
/dev/sdb1             448G  319G  107G  75% /
udev                  2.0G  328K  2.0G   1% /dev
none                  2.0G  840K  2.0G   1% /dev/shm
none                  2.0G  388K  2.0G   1% /var/run
none                  2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /var/lock
none                  2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /lib/init/rw
/dev/sda1             230G  188M  230G   1% /media/250GBDisk
/dev/sdc1             456G   90G  343G  21% /media/500GBData
/dev/sdd1             112G   98G   15G  87% /media/Ximeta 1

Here is ncdu:

ncdu 1.3 ~ Use the arrow keys to navigate, press ? for
help
--- /
  186.3GB
[##########] /media
.  85.4GB [####      ] /home
    7.8GB [          ] /usr
.   1.6GB [          ] /var
  677.0MB [          ] /lib
   84.4MB [          ] /boot
   24.7MB [          ] /opt
.  23.5MB [          ] /etc
   12.3MB [          ] /lib32
   10.3MB [          ] /sbin
    7.7MB [          ] /bin
    1.6MB [          ] /dev
. 864.0kB [          ] /root
  204.0kB [          ] /srv
. 132.0kB [          ] /tmp
!  16.0kB [          ] /lost+found
!   4.0kB [          ] /.Trash-0
e   4.0kB [          ] /mnt
e   4.0kB [          ] /selinux
    4.0kB [          ]  .install4j
.   0.0 B [          ] /proc
 Total disk usage: 281.9GB  Apparent size: 281.9GB  Items:
1171231