Zero Bytes free on my hard drive

Xandros Pilosa folivora.pilosa at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 00:32:48 UTC 2010

Dne 05.03.2010 (pet) ob 18:19 -0500 je Keith Clark zapisal(a):
[snip]

> I have completely removed sbackup from this and all my machines.  The
> torrent files were indeed taking up a ton of space!  My problem is that
> my drive was only ever 50% full, but was running out of space.
>
> Keith

Yes, I understand that and my intention was to find out which process is
eating space after you boot up.
I gave Ktorrent just as an example of apli. which makes gvfs to report
the size of data which actually is not there.
My assumption was that you may have some application running in the
background on you system with similar tendenci.
By the way, if you don't mind me take another shot in the mist, did you
check /media dir. (where sbackup files were, as you wrote) for any
hidden dirs?
And also: "gvfs reports root partition 100% full"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/simplebackup/+bug/227753
>From post #12 (back to the sbackup):
<quote>
> I had the same problem and found my solution here at
> http://www.blog.arun-prabha.com/2008/07/22/deleting-files-from-roots-trash-folder-in-ubuntu/. I did not have to re-install the OS.
>
> Apparently when the network share drive fails to mount due to the
> fstab problem (network not up, drive will not mount), sBackup creates
> the backup in your root folder. The procedure at this site outline the
> steps to clear the hidden backup folder/file then describes how to
> delete them from the root Trash folder. I just cleared up 22 Gib of
> reported space. Kudos to Arun Subramanian’s Blog (Deleting files from
> root’s trash folder in Ubuntu)!
</quote>

Regards