reasons why Ubuntu 9.10 crashes so frequently

steve reilly sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Tue Mar 2 23:45:19 UTC 2010

Steve Flynn wrote:

> On 02/03/10 22:39, 2010 wrote:
>> Why does Ubuntu 9.10 crash frequently
>
> If it's not the same program crashing, or the kernel itself it's usually
> hardware. Most often, memory.
>
> Have you ran memtest from the grub selection screen for a few hours? ANY
> errors reported means you have some bad ram installed.
>

> - --
> Steve Flynn

thats pretty much a stab in the dark trying to answer that question
without more info.  hardware?, ubuntu version?, logs?

ive been using different flavors of ubuntu or debian for no less than 5
years on dozens of computers and never experienced a crash due to
*ubuntu*.  I would check your hardware as suggested above, most often
these problems are hardware related. i smell a 5 letter word that begins
with t.

steve