OEM hard disk replication

Chadley Wilson chadleyw at pinnacle.co.za
Tue Mar 2 16:43:01 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Really stuck, will try and be descriptive a short so that you understand my situation.

I work for a major South African PC manufacturer, and I have been trying to play with the OEM boot option. With no success! :)

I can duplicate a hard drive at approximately 5 GB per minute using our fancy Wytron duplicators. The problem is that the duplicated hard disks only work if we plug them into the original machine. What we call a master.
Now we can't afford 15 minutes to load each PC from CD or network, as our deadlines are far too tight.

Is there a  tool, a read me or something in the Ubuntu arsenal of gadgets that can get my next 5000 computers loaded with Ubuntu using disk duplication and hard disk imaging.
If anyone here has accomplished this before, or has successfully created an image file and used it on a different PC, please can you tell me how you did it?

PS:
Just a note for the amateurs in the list, if you suggest that I load from a CD I will swear at you. :)

Regards
Chad

Pinnacle Technology Holdings E-Mail Disclaimer:

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Pinnacle Technology Holdings any of it's divisions or affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of it is strictly prohibited.