upgrade to 10.4 and 2nd network interface does not auto start

stan stanb at panix.com
Mon Jun 21 11:39:58 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 09:57:20AM -0400, stan wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 03:29:42PM -0700, NoOp wrote:

> > > So, let me see if I understand. Are you saying I need to set the
> > > configuration up in
> > > /etc/NetworkManger/system-connections (protected).
> > > iinstead if
> > > /etc/network/interfaces ?
> > >

> > No. I'm saying you need to remove all except what I've shown you in
> > /etc/network/interfaces and setup profiles for both Auto eth0 and Auto
> > eth1 in Network Manager (Wired).
>
> Ok, I will try it Monday, when I get back to work. I think my interfaces
> file looks like your example. I posted it in the original post.

After playing with the network amanger GUI for a while, and still not
gettign the behavior I wanted (still only the 1'st interface would come
up). I removed the network amnager package, and now the machine behaves as
I desried.

Just putting this in the archive for futire reference.

Is there a command line interface to network amaneger? Is it posible to
edit it's config files by hand. Can it's beahvaior be made non user
centric?