Ubuntu Lucid 64bit

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Thu Jun 17 05:04:52 UTC 2010

>> Try updating your BIOS to the latest version. Besides that, try adding
>> acpi=off to your kernel parameters for booting.
>
> Noted. But what about the crashing issue of the Adobe Flash Player
> which directly affects the web surfing experience and the overall
> system performance which sucks up a lot of CPU resources?

Flash player crashing might be an artifact of the acpi problem but it's
probably something else.

> Jun 15 18:47:32 lucid kernel: [84050.107849] npviewer.bin[30765]:
> segfault at 418 ip 00000000f6036a56 sp 00000000ffa53978 error 6 in
> libflashplayer.so[f5de8000+b04000]

To tell you the truth, I have had regular problems with Flash player
before until I installed the 64-bit version (I run 64-bit Ubuntu
desktops - putting a wrapper on the 32-bit player just ain't on) so I
suspect that might be your problem. Too bad they've pull the beta..