Opening Help crashes browser

Thomas Blasejewicz thomas at s7.dion.ne.jp
Wed Jun 16 01:31:09 UTC 2010

Good morning
The last 2-3 days I was trying to find out things by referring to Help ->
the little round, blue icon at the top border of the screen with a
question mark in it.

Clicking on that icon opens a browser window with the "Help documentation"
At its top is the box "search".
I entered "permission" and press enter.
Get a list of possible articles.
Chose the one on top of the list (here GNOME Terminal Manual)

Clicking ONCE on that link displays in the lower left corner of the
screen "loading" ..... forever. But nothing else happens.
Clicking TWICE and the browser shuts down. Then I have to restart it.

First I thought this occurred only with "permissions", like information
on this topic is classified and not available to the ordinary man
(National Treasure!)

But I found, that a number of other items do lead to the same result.
Then again, there are items that display normally - as they should.

What is this all about???
Is there anything wrong with referring to the help documentation?