Pasting into Google Docs

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Thu Jun 10 23:14:05 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Loïc Grenié <loic.grenie at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/6/10 Pete Vander Giessen <petevg at gmail.com>:
>> Ubuntu uses two clipboards:  a recent implementation that triggers off
>> of Ctrl-V, Ctrl-C, and a legacy one that triggers off of highlight and
>> middle click.  I'm assuming that Google Docs' JavaScript fanciness is
>> written to work harmoniously with the former, but not the latter.
>
>    "recent" is slightly misleading. Unfortunately Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V, Shift-Insert
>  selection and middle-mouse button are very dependant of the application
>  you are using. Whoever decided to port Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V to Linux desktop
>  should be hanged.
>
>     Loïc, usually pacifist...

Thanks both of you, and I couldn't agree more! Not sure why there is a
need to take something is that is simple and worked great for years
and then muck it up with window-isms. And shame on google for screwing
up the same.

The terminal menu thing seems to work, but what a bunch of extra
effort, just for pasting.

Thanks, again.

--
Hal