Can't install 10.04

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 10 00:44:22 UTC 2010

On 06/09/2010 05:18 PM, Albert Wagner wrote:
> I am currently on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, trying to download, burn, and install
> 10.04. I have downloaded and burned the cd for 10.04;  However, when
> booting from the cd, I never receive the neat graphical interface to
> select Trial or Install.  What I do get is:
>
> BusyBox v1.13.3 (Ubuntu 1:1.3.3-1ubuntu11) built-in shell (ash)
>
> (intramfs) stdin: I/O error mount:mounting /dev/loop0 on filesystem.squash
> failed: no such device
>
> Can not mount /dev/loop0(/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squashfs) on
> //filesystem.squashfs
>
> Occasionally, I get only a little computer display icon, an equal sign,
> and little man in a circle.
>
> Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Suggest that you try the cd on an alternate PC and if it boots, select
the check cd option. Also try:

1. Check the md5sum of the iso to make sure that the download was OK.
2. If #1 above is OK, reburn at the lowest speed rate that your software
allows.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto