4 pages per side when printing pdf files

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 9 22:55:20 UTC 2010

On 06/09/2010 11:49 AM, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2010, NoOp wrote:
>
>> What happens when you print a demo page from the printer directly (i.e.,
>> not via Ubuntu etc)?
>
>    I don't understand your question, as I think I already answered it:
>
>    - my Friday post:
>         The problem occurs only with pdf files printed from acroread or okular.
>         For other files, no problem, from any programm and in particular
>         from system-config-printer.
>         As I said, pdf files also print correctly from evince.
>    - my Saturday post:
>         I insist on the fact that this problem have nothing to do with the number
>         of pages of the pdf files. It occurs for any number, even for a 1 page file.
>
>     For example, if I print to a postscript file (from acroread or xfig), and then
>     send it to the printer via lpr, it prints correctly.
>     Of course, the demo page from the printer is also correct.
>
>     That seems really a cups related problem...
>     I plan to install lprng, to see what happens.

I suspect you are right. However the suggestion regarding the demo page
from the printer (not from Ubuntu or any other source) would eliminate
any software issues. I'm referring to printing a demo page directly from
the printer per the instructions in the manual for the printer. My
apologies if you've already done that.

What printer driver are you using - the one from the Samsung CD, a ppd
from some other source, or the foomatic drivers (Samsung ML-2850D
Foomatic/Postscript)? If the latter, it may be worth purging and
reinstalling the foomatic packages.