4 pages per side when printing pdf files

Pierre Frenkiel pierre.frenkiel at laposte.net
Wed Jun 9 18:49:03 UTC 2010

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010, NoOp wrote:

> What happens when you print a demo page from the printer directly (i.e.,
> not via Ubuntu etc)?

   I don't understand your question, as I think I already answered it:

   - my Friday post:
        The problem occurs only with pdf files printed from acroread or okular.
        For other files, no problem, from any programm and in particular
        from system-config-printer.
        As I said, pdf files also print correctly from evince.
   - my Saturday post:
        I insist on the fact that this problem have nothing to do with the number
        of pages of the pdf files. It occurs for any number, even for a 1 page file.

    For example, if I print to a postscript file (from acroread or xfig), and then
    send it to the printer via lpr, it prints correctly.
    Of course, the demo page from the printer is also correct.

    That seems really a cups related problem...
    I plan to install lprng, to see what happens.

--
Pierre Frenkiel