Unable to browse Amazon.com with Firefox 3.0.19

Alex Cockell alex at acockell.eclipse.co.uk
Wed Jun 9 06:47:23 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

"Quoting "Albert Wagner" <albertwagner at cox.net>:

> I am on Ubuntu 8.0.4/Firefox 3.0.19.

Do you realize Firefox 3.0 is no longer supported? E.g., no security
updates. Is there any reason you haven't upgraded to 3.6?
Jon"

Maybe, like me, he's a standard user, and therefore completely reliant
on the official repositories?  Maybe he, like me, is waiting until
10.04.1 (the eponymous Service Pack 1 stage) before accepting Lucid onto
his machine?

I don't count myself as a tinkerer at all really... if I need a new app
not already in the repos, I'm liable to raise enhancement requests...

There appears to be a bug affecting all current versions...
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=950730&highlight=firefox+hardy
The poster of that thread filed the Mozilla bug at the end.

--

Alex Cockell
Reading, Berks, UK
alex at acockell.eclipse.co.uk