circular dependencies in aptitude?

calcpage at aol.com calcpage at aol.com
Tue Jun 8 21:57:04 UTC 2010

>>         You should wait for your Tech to arrive. They are necessary
for
>> upgrades ect.
>>
>Not really. Just need to make sure you're getting the packages from
>the correct place, all that's not working is the package fetcher and
>dependency resolver. If you have the packages locally, you're set.
>Techs aren't required or needed for upgrades. Maybe in the windows
>world, who knows.

I went on the java website and downloaded this recommended file:

jre-6u20-linux-x86.bin

I did chmod 755 to make it executable and ran it with sudo.  It seems
to have installed.  Now how do i plug it into Firefox?

HTH,
A. Jorge Garcia
http://calcpage.tripod.com

Teacher & Professor
Applied Mathematics, Physics & Computer Science
Baldwin Senior High School & Nassau Community College