wacom ctl460 tablet and 10.04

John D Lamb J.D.Lamb at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 8 17:54:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 20:07 -0400, jack wallen wrote:
> > These instructions should work. I used almost identical commands. There
> > is a more recent linuxwacom-0.8.6-2.tar.bz2 file you can use.
> >
> another interesting issue:
>
> if i issue the command
>
> lwallen at jack-main:~$ xinput list
>

> notice the wacom isn't listed. even though the module is loaded and it
> is registering input with wacdump - it does not show up with xinput.

You should get lines like
⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo 4x5 Pen eraser             id=8 [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo 4x5 Pen                    id=9 [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo 4x5 Finger pad             id=10 [slave  pointer
(2)]
⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo 4x5 Finger                 id=11 [slave  pointer
(2)]

So it looks like a udev or X issue.

Just on the offchance, have you forgotten to install the
xserver-xorg-input-wacom package? The tablet won’t work without it.

--
JDL