How do I get root access to delete a few folders

mdovell at comcast.net mdovell at comcast.net
Sun Jun 6 20:17:18 UTC 2010

I use a kindle with the calibre program and calibre needs to recognise a folder on it. Unfortunately what it did was it somehow missed it and keeps creating duplicate folders that cannot be deleted.

Basically I have a few folders in the /media area that need to be deleted. They do not give me the option of unmounting them.

In attempting to unmount them I receive the following error
"DBus error org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor.NotFound: The given mount was not found"