Optiplex 380, Ubuntu 9.04

A. Jorge Garcia calcpage at aol.com
Fri Jul 30 21:25:30 UTC 2010

> I hope the driver is present in Ubuntu 9.10 and 10.04, because In
fact I want 10.4, but the Grub2 default
> used in 10.4 (or would thre be a way to force 10.4 to use the lehacy
grub ?) gives problems:
> The PC i'm dealing with is to be a model PC for dual boot
WinXP/Ubuntu for a classroom
> and although I can make an image and clone the image on another
identical PC, I get no grub menu when booting ! It just boots directly
in Windows.
> ( I can recreate the MBR using Ubuntu Live CD and some instructions I
found on Ubuntu webpages, but this is not a suitable solution of
course, since
> refresh of the PC's is to be done every night).

Yeah, I install and maintain the Linux partitions in my classroom, the
school's tech guy is responsible for the Windows partition.  He found
that when he tried to image my PCs, he could only image the Windows
partition....

HTH,
A. Jorge Garcia
http://shadowfaxrant.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/calcpage2009

Teacher & Professor
Applied Mathematics, Physics & Computer Science
Baldwin Senior High School & Nassau Community College