copy and paste into terminal

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Fri Jul 30 14:04:01 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 9:54 AM, IdleOne <oneidle at gmail.com> wrote:
> To copy from terminal: ctrl-shift-c = copy
> To copy into terminal: ctrl-shift-v = paste

This is a window-ism isn't it? I just tried highlighting text in one
terminal (konsole). Then ctrl-c, ctrl-v, and does absolutely nothing.
You have to use the menu options (Edit, etc) for this. Or the
traditional methods ...

The default linux has always been highlight with mouse (this
automtically puts the highlighted content on the clipboard), then
middleclick to paste (alternately shift-insert). It doesn't get any
simpler.

Some newer applications may not be supporting the traditional methods
well. I know Chrome seems to sometimes have a hard time with this.

--
Hal