[Thread Hijack] Re: How do I upgrade Ubuntu OS from the CD.

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 04:44:06 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 14:17 +1000, Stephen Michael Kuhn wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 01:48:35 pm NoOp wrote:
> > *PLEASE* start a *new* thread. You are hijacking an existing thread on
> > the list and your subject has nothing to do with the original thread.
> > I'll repeat:

> > Read the entire page, and then re-read the 'Threading' section.
>
> Gosh, I remember the days (read "years") that I spent as a list-cop for RH and
> Mandrake...brings back heaps strange memories...glad to know the same spirit
> still lives on...

Was it the electro-shock or the drug therapy that finally did the
trick?? Or, did you just get old and didn't give a rip anymore? I
suspect the latter.

But, just to remain on topic, I really suggest using the DVD (I use
OnDisk.com) so that the install is much more complete, before the
install starts to vacuum up the updates off of the servers. Too bad the
OP really needs the install now, as the re-spin will be due soon.

I'll be ordering it, just in case I push some button that I shouldn't
push, while some idiot is doing a DOS attack on the repo I need to get
to. If what I need is in my hands, I get installed no matter what.  Ric