Where is menu.lst for 10.04?

Albert Wagner albertwagner at cox.net
Thu Jul 29 17:58:32 UTC 2010

I want to add an item to the kernel line in menu.lst.  However, I don't
seem to have a menu.lst file in the 10.04 installation.  10.04 was a
clean install into an empty partition.  I have 8.04 still installed on
another partition and it contains /boot/grub/menu.lst.  A search for
menu.lst in 10.04 returns only
/usr/share/doc/memtest86+/examples/grub-menu.lst.  Apparently things are
done differently in 10.04 than I remember from earlier installations.  I
would appreciate any advice or links to advice.