need native linux app to listen to internet radio

AV3 arvimide at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 29 20:47:30 UTC 2010

On Jul/29/2010 12:3135 PM, Madhurya Kakati wrote:

> Is there any good native linux app for streaming online radio? I
> prefer shoutcast.

VLC, a very useful program for various purposes, has a streaming
capacity of large proportions: Menu item "File"->"Streaming
discovery"->"Icecast Directory". Note: I am responding to your request
from my Mac partition, so the Ubuntu menu titles may differ.

--
||Arnold VICTOR, New York City, i. e., <arvimideQ at Wearthlink.net>    ||