list mummies: lists.ubuntu.com is blacklisted

Res res at ausics.net
Mon Jul 26 21:46:19 UTC 2010

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010, NoOp wrote:

> On 07/25/2010 10:52 PM, Res wrote:
>> After receiving a good few complaints about no posts from this list on my
>> corporate servers (and seeing now new posts on my pvt box here in over 12
>> hours) I looked into and found this list is DNSBL'd
>>

>> NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from chlorine.canonical.com[91.189.94.204]: 554
>> 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [91.189.94.204] blocked using
>> dnsbl.sorbs.net; Currently Sending Spam
>
> Your using SORBS?... amazing. Matthew Sullivan will be pleased.

Most large and small ISP's in AU use them, probably because they are AU
based, and yep I know Matt/Michelle. I've never seen a FP from them in
the 8 years or so I've used them, here, and commercially.

I'm not saying this is the first FP, there very well may be a valid reason
here, just we don't know it, I am aware of the listing criteria they have
so I'd be satisfied whatever it was, was spam.

> I've not seen any SORBS defined spam on this list lately, so no clue
> what this "one spam" might be.

The list server has several lists, someone may have tried to sub to one
of them using a SORBS spamtrap address, someone may have spammed using
another list, maybe anti spam filtering at your local (and mine) caught it
and subsequently we did not see it, who knows, way too many factors
involved.

--
Res

"What does Windows have that Linux doesn't?" - One hell of a lot of bugs!