Preinstalled Lenovo Thinkpad R61i currently running 8.04

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Sun Jul 18 06:45:56 UTC 2010

On 7/18/2010 1:39 AM, Alex Cockell wrote:
> Has Ubuntu 10.04 been certified as running 100 percent on rhe above hardware? I am using preinstalled kit from Linux Enmporium, and the most I have done from a sysadmin view has been to request new software from Synaptic.
>
> Or should I simply write the machine off and save for a new Ubuntu computer?

Unfortunately your laptop isn't even 8.04 Certified, the T61 is "ready"
but not certified.  Yes, you can run 10.04 on the R61i and if you have
any problems, just come back here and post somebody will be willing to
help you out.  Just don't get confused like some people and think  that
certain things in certain other revisions of your laptop are meant to be
available when they aren't.

--
Cheers,

Jordon Bedwell