Computer does not recognize iso in CD

Gilles Gravier ggravier at fsfe.org
Wed Jul 14 17:31:16 UTC 2010

Hi!

On 14/07/2010 19:25, Sherman Willden wrote:
> I just copied ubuntu-10.04-desktop-i386.iso to CD. When I booted the
> computer, which presently has WinXP, the CD light blinked but the
> computer continued to boot into Windows. How do I get the computer to
> recognize the iso file?
>
> Thank you;
>
> Sherman

Your mistake is that you copied the ISO to a CD. That's NOT what you do
with an ISO.

With an ISO, you have to BURN a CD with the ISO. From Windows, try
right-clicking on the ISO... Maybe in the menu you will get the option
to "Burn the ISO".

If you don't have that option, check if you have a CD burning software.

Things like Nero can "BURN" ISO files.

If you don't have a good CD burning software, get ImgBurn :
http://www.imgburn.com/ and use that to burn the CD file.

Gilles