Computer does not recognize iso in CD

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 17:33:05 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Sherman Willden
<pedalsteel.e9b6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just copied ubuntu-10.04-desktop-i386.iso to CD. When I booted the
> computer, which presently has WinXP, the CD light blinked but the computer
> continued to boot into Windows. How do I get the computer to recognize the
> iso file?

Put your CD in the CD drive of a working computer.  If you see one
file named something like ubuntu-10.04-desktop-i386.iso, then try
looking here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto

If that doesn't help, let us know and we'll try to walk you through the process.

--wpd