potential newbie with questions (please be gentle)

Jerry Bolt jerry.bolt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 23:08:00 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am interested in learning more about the Linux/Ubuntu operating system.  I
like what I have read and studied up to this point but before I take the
plunge I have a couple questions.

1. I have read you can install a Linux OS and still keep the existing
Windows OS, in my case I have Windows XP.  Please explain how this is done?
 I think I understand but want to be sure.

2.  If, for some reason, a Linux OS is not to my liking can and how do I
uninstall it?

Thanks,

JB