Windows Rant

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 13:30:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 21:07 +0800, Chan Chung Hang Christopher wrote:
> Brian Clarkson wrote:
> > Has this got anything to do with ubuntu-users ???  Some folks must have
> > a lot of time to fill in.  Its a pity they couldn't find a more
> > appropriate list on which to do it.
> >
> > It does get very wearying after a while.
>
> So much for community. That's the impression I get with the focus on
> 'technical support'. Even people working in a technical support
> department talk to one another. sounder seems to be a sorry example of
> the Ubuntu community unlike ubuntu-users.
>

> > Lets get back to what our list is all about, please.
> >

> Sure, sure. We're all just question and answer robots so let's stop
> pretending to be humans. Back to robot mode.

Look at the name in the address - "Ubuntu user technical support, not
for general discussions"

I'm sorry, but I do find too much general chat on what should be a tech
support list.  Is there an alternative list that people can chat on?

I'm not a robot, but I do get satisfaction from answering questions and
helping people.  That is why I help out on Launchpad Answers, which is
well focused on that task. This list is just too unfocussed at times.

Tony