Windows Rant

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue Jul 13 03:43:07 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, July 13, 2010 09:50 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 13 July 2010 02:06, Douglas Pollard<dougpol1 at verizon.net>  wrote:
>
>>      What's a lugable.  I don't remember ever hearing that
>> term.                    Doug
>
> "Luggable" (two Gs) was an informal term in the 1980s for
> lunchbox-sized portable mains-powered computers.

No wonder you guys are so big. I'm considered a big eater over here but
my lunchbox pales in comparison. Of course, you guys have in your favour
the fact that no matter how much I eat, I still do not put on any weight.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_computer
>
> Famous examples included the Osborne-1, Commodore SX64 and the Compaq
> Portable 1, II and III.

What graphics card does that 3 screen luggable sport? Does it come with
joystick, rudders and throttle too? Oh, a 6-dimension motorized frame
and seat would be great too.

> One of the last companies making machines of that formfactor was Dolch:
> http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/Portable-Industrial-PC-has-6-full-size-expansion-slots-6767

I had to ask...this looks rather recent...man, it solves the question of
where to locate the screens and the case on the frame. All up front! Now
for a frame...

http://www.chassis-plans.com/rugged-portable-lunchbox-computer/mp3x17-3lcd-portable-computer.html