Windows Rant

Calcpage calcpage at aol.com
Sun Jul 11 23:41:18 UTC 2010

On Jul 11, 2010, at 6:34 PM, "A. Kromic" <akromic at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/07/10 23:32, Calcpage wrote:
>>
>> I remember our first hdd was 10 MB!  Our first upgrade was to 640 KB
>> of RAM.  At the time, I think it was Steve Jobs who said, "640 KB!
>> Who would ever need so much?"
>>
> I believe it was Bill Gates. He is famous for similar gems of wisdom
> like: "I don't know why would anybody ever need more than 4 MB (or was
> it 8 MB?) of RAM" and (don't remember the exact quote, something
> like:)
> "Internet is just a fad which won't last long". I guess that's why M$
> has let Netscape become that strong until they finally decided they
> really need to develop a browser...
>
> Kind regards,
> A.Kromic
>
> --

Yeah, must have been good old Bill now that you mention it.  I still
remember our second upgrade: IBM CGA graphics card and monitor!  Wow,
suddenly we went from text only monochrome screens to a stupendous
329x240x2!  That's 320 horizontal pixels by 240 vertical pixels by 2
bit color depth (ie 4 colors: cyan, magenta, white and black) on a 12"
or 14" monitor!

Regards,
A. Jorge Garcia
Applied Math & CS