Firefox 3.6.6 Update problem

Tarun Khanna tarunkhanna at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 13:40:58 UTC 2010

Try the following on a command line. Adobe flash plugin is now
installed from the repositories. The following works on 10.04 Ubuntu.

What version of Ubuntu do you have?

echo "Removing previous installs of flash:"
sudo apt-get remove -y --purge flashplugin-nonfree gnash gnash-common
mozilla-plugin-gnash swfdec-mozilla libflashsupport nspluginwrapper

sudo rm -f /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/*flash*
sudo rm -f ~/.mozilla/plugins/*flash*
sudo rm -f /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/*flash*
sudo rm -f /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins/*flash*
sudo rm -rfd /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper

echo "Installing Adobe Flash Plugin:"
sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin

Tarun