linux-image-server

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 14:28:46 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am using http method to install ubuntu server over the network. I do
use ks.cfg file. Basically network based installations. I have
tftpd/dhcpd/apache2 servers to serve this purpose The issue is that
after installing ubuntu 8.04 server on the client host, I see the
generic kernel being installed and not the server kernel.

I did manually by running apt-get install linux-image-server on the
client host. It installed the server kernel which is a manual method.
is there a way to fix it on the pxe image itself so that whenever new
clients are being build with Ubuntu 8.04 server. It installs server
kernel and not generic kernel.

Please let me know if i need to furnish additional information about my setup.
Please suggest/guide further.

http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2007/10/11/how-to-configure-pxe-network-booting-on-ubuntu-for-network-based-installations/

Thanks,

Kaushal