Leaving Ubuntu back to Windows

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 22:29:59 UTC 2010

On 07/03/2010 04:04 PM, rbv wrote:
> On Sunday 04 July 2010 03:23 AM, Karl Larsen wrote:

>>> Intel 965 chipset motherboard
>>> DDR2 SDRAM 667Mz 2 plus 1 total 3 GB
>>> Intel Dual Core
>>> LG DVD writer
>>> nVidia GeForce 8400 GS
>>> 80 GB Hitachi hard disk
>>>
>>> This machine was working with Windows Vista 64 bit, earlier, which i
>>> totally formatted and installed Ubuntu Karmac, then upgraded to
>>> 10.04 online through update manager.
>>>
>>> only when so many learned people warned me about Windows phishing
>>> and all, i changed to Ubuntu.
>>>
>>> I will be pleased to provide any detail you ask for
>>>
>>> rbv
>>>

>>         Pretty small hard drive. Suggest you get a larger one, say
>> 160 GB. You can load a 64 bit version of Ubuntu. I think you should
>> start with the version 10.04  LiveCD for installing a simple Desktop.
>>
>>     When it comes up look for problems. Ask for help on ONLY ONE at a
>> time. You WILL get help that way :-)
>>

>> 73 Karl
>>

>> --
>>
>> 	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>> 	Linux User
>> 	#450462http://counter.li.org.
>>          Key ID = 3951B48D
>>

> I had 250 GB hard drive earlier, had it changed for Ubuntu 32 bit
> version,  just 2 months back, as i was told, a compact hard disk is
> quicker in starting the machine.
>
> rbv
         If you NEED fast start fine. I do not, I leave my computer
turned on 24/7. I have a small hardware computer with a dual cpu and
thus run 64 bit Ubuntu, 6 GB of RAM and an old 17 inch LED monitor.  I
am rich and want to keep my data safe. All I do is have a good hard
password and relax. If someone connects to me they need a name and
password.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI