Leaving Ubuntu back to Windows

rbv rajaramanbv at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 20:44:43 UTC 2010

May be Ubuntu is not for people like me, with very limited or no
knowledge of software technology.

Brasaro has spoiled my DVD RW, all types, Blanking them has left them
unusable again anywhere.

Would not read USBs,  USB mouse hangs every now and then, i have to
unplug and plug again and again in different USB ports, suddenly in one
of them it will work for some time.

Browser crashed often, after the latest update.

Machine makes a lot of grinder noise, when i insert an ordinary movie CD
or DVD to play,

It is its wim and wish, to read or not to read any CD or DVD.

I have been not been able to install my nVidia graphic card, when i
activate it the system would not start. It simply hangs, with a curser
at the right corner of the screen blinking happily forever. I have to
cut the electric supply and retry again to the same effect, forceing to
start with live DVD and reinstall all over, formatting my hard disk. It
is pathetic i cannot use my graphic card.

Lot of Java problems.  NSEindia.com.

I am afraid , the forum is not for people like me, but only for experts
in software.

By paying some money i get a Fit it and Forget it OS in Windows, am i wrong.

I may be asked for details, only to be rediculed, about my lack of
knowledge.

Most of the applications MAY be updated and not supported or certified
by Ubuntu. For Windows, there are any number of Free software for any task.

My children can not play any of the game demos even.

I may be called childish, but for a simpleton like me, do i have a choice.

regards