32 or 64??

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 31 21:59:40 UTC 2010

On 01/30/2010 09:50 AM, Raquel wrote:

> I'll be installing on an HP G71-340US with 4GB RAM.  It came with
> 64-bit Windows 7 installed.

I recently got an HP G60-530US w/3GB; installed 64bit karmic on it (so
that Leonard Chatagnier would stop complaining to me about my
32bit'ers...:-), and overall I'm quite pleased. The only issue that was
a basic PITA is having to install 64bit versions of xyz, so when I use
gwget to download new versions of OpenOffice.org, SeaMonkey, etc., I
have to remember to download both the 32bit and 64bit versions, one for
each system(s).

My recommendation would be to go ahead and install install the 64bit
version; better yet, one of each on separate partions. You can then
decide for yourself which suits your requirements best.