Download Manager Query

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Sun Jan 31 20:46:38 UTC 2010

On 01/30/2010 04:21 PM, Johnneylee Rollins wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>        Yes it was the bash thing on the first name. I am not a bash
>> person.
>>
> Karl, yet again you open your mouth . . .
~Space:
Does it really do any good to take a swing at Karl every time he says
something wrong?  If you do it to protect the unwary newbie, you can
accomplish the same thing with:

"No, that won't work, See <joe-expert>'s post for the right answer"

Actually, I think that would be more effective by far because it will be
perceived by readers for what it is, a simple, quick correction.

If you believe that Karl is a person who is well intentioned but
foolish, then giving him a verbal smackdown is just cruel and makes you
appear as such.  If you believe he is a troll, then don't feed.  But if
you are doing it because he annoys you, well, see the first sentence of
this paragraph.

Oh, by the way, if you think that taking Karl to task will make him stop
posting or be more careful about what he says, I respectfully suggest
you have not been reading the list for long enough.  There is ample
evidence in the archives to suggest it simply will not work.

Regards,

--PE