32 or 64??

Robert Spanjaard spamtrap at arumes.com
Sun Jan 31 19:11:51 UTC 2010

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:45:37 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

>>> Not everything works.
>>
>> Again: How is that different from the 32 bit version? Don't tell me
>> everything works in 32 bit, because that's simply not true.
>
> I will rephrase that: in 64 bit, one has all the bugs of the 32 bit
> versions,

And vice versa, if it's the same sourcecode. If the source is different,
the 64 bit version may or may not be more stable.

> and the added bonus that the app may not even be available in
> 64 bit or install properly.

Which works both ways. Applications may not be available in 32 bit or
install properly.

>>> To experienced users I advocate nothing. To unexperienced users I
>>> advocate simple.
>>
>> You propagate unneccesary fear of 64 bit Ubuntu to unexperienced users.
>
> Quit it with the word "fear" already. 64 bit is more problematic than 32
> bit. Feel free to disagree.

I will. And my experience is not outdated.

--
Regards, Robert                                      http://www.arumes.com