32 or 64??

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 18:45:37 UTC 2010

On 31 January 2010 19:27, Robert Spanjaard <spamtrap at arumes.com> wrote:

>>> How is that different from the 32 bit version?
>>
>> Not everything works.
>
> Again: How is that different from the 32 bit version? Don't tell me
> everything works in 32 bit, because that's simply not true.

I will rephrase that: in 64 bit, one has all the bugs of the 32 bit
versions, and the added bonus that the app may not even be available
in 64 bit or install properly.

>> To experienced users I advocate nothing. To unexperienced users I
>> advocate simple.
>
> You propagate unneccesary fear of 64 bit Ubuntu to unexperienced users.

Quit it with the word "fear" already. 64 bit is more problematic than
32 bit. Feel free to disagree.

>>> Haven't had any headaches yet.
>>
>> You have a bit more experience than Joe Random Websurfer, no?
>
> How does that solve any bugs? I'm not using my experience to _avoid_
> problems, so an unexperienced user would run into the same problems I do.
> Which are none (64 bit specific) so far.

That's great to know. My somewhat outdated 64 bit experience
contradicts yours, but I have already conceded to you the advantage. I
expect to see no more 64-bit related issues on this list.

>> Whether or not that is true, in this case Karl is in his 10%. Discuss
>> your different opinion with him,
>
> If you'd actually take the trouble to read some of those discussions,
> you'd know that that's a waste of time.

So you have veiled an accusation at me, then made an assumption, then
reprimanded me for what you have assumed that I did not do. Nice.

>> but give him the same respect that you would expect.
>
> I don't expect anyone to give me unconditional respect.

And you will receive it in abundance.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.