[Karmic] NX Remote (NoMachine)

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 29 23:29:31 UTC 2010

Perhaps a little out of the charter/realm of this list, but I'm trying
to figure out an issue whereby when I NX (NoMachine) into this desktop
am unable to move a window & have only partial window decoration
(meaning that I do not get the - square x in the upper right hand corner
of the remote application window. As a result I can't drag/move the app
window, or close it from those icons (I do get the standard
'File|Edit|View|etc' in the upper left corner of the app window.

I also can NX into another user on the same machine and all works fine,
so it is something with this desktop config that is creating the issue.
I've tried moving ~/.gconf, .gconfd, .gnome, .gnome2 out to reset back
to a standard desktop, but that hasn't worked (moved them back after
testing).
  Is there perhaps another ~./ file that I can mv out to test without
totally borking my desktop in the process?
  I did not try ~./conf & am hesitant to do so unless I can spot a valid
reason to do so.

Note: I've also purged & reinstalled NX (both on the client and remote
machines), can NX to/from other machines w/o issue, so it's something in
this config that is the problem.

$ apt-cache policy nxserver
nxserver:
  Installed: 3.4.0-8