LiveCD things

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 17:55:28 UTC 2010

	On all LiveCD for Ubuntu when you first boot into the kernel
on the cd-rom, you have several choices to make. One choice is
to test the cd-rom for defects.

	My experience has been that my skin grease can block large
sections of the cd-rom and it stops working. I then wash  the
cd-rom with dish soap and warm water. Dry off and run the
cd-rom test. If it passes your good to go.

	Also a regular cd-rom with a Ubuntu version on it can also be
checked, and used like a liveCD. So if you are careful  you
can fix your own cd-rom's.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI