Thunderbird 3

KJS lists at netzensolutions.com
Wed Jan 27 12:35:36 UTC 2010

On 27/01/2010 12:27, Jay Daniels wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 07:37 -0600, Wade Smart wrote:
>
>> I was thinking about TB3, and I know several here have moved to it to
>> try out, but its still not a release version. Any troubles with it yet?
>> Im on 9.04.
>>
>> Wade
>>
> I tried it on windows and could not get use to the keyboard shortcuts
> and found no easy way to change them.  ie. del or shift+ctrl+d = del.  I
> much prefer the ctrl+d to delete like Evolution since I map my capslock
> as an extra control key.  There are other keyboard inconsistencies in
> Tbird.  Overall, a major improvement and very easy to setup accounts
> automatically just by entering email address and password and it will
> figure out the rest.
>

> jay

The way it lays out accounts by default is annoying, if you have various
accounts added it puts all the mailboxes at the top of the tree on the
left... and then other folders for each account below. I am also not
that happy with the search, if you want to quickly find a list of emails
from a specific user it opens a tab and seems a bit more bloaty and i
find it hard to find the email im looking for. I know you can search
inside the email and the search is faster (providing you download all
your imap email, tbord calls this syncing).

Other than that I have noticed no other improvements apart from that you
can write your sig into the account now and not have to attach a text
file (finally).

--
Netzen Solutions Ltd
IT Support&  Outsourcing, Bristol, London&  Bath UK