Problem logging in

Knute Johnson knute2010 at knutejohnson.com
Fri Jan 22 04:11:19 UTC 2010

I installed 64 bit xubuntu and set it so it would automatically log in.
  The problem I'm having is that the login dialog displays anyway and
when I type in my login info it won't login until I try it many times.
It appears to be getting worse, as in taking more tries to login.
Evenutally I get it to work.  Anybody heard of this problem before?  I
did try resetting my password but that didn't make any difference.

xubuntu 9.10 amd64

--

Knute Johnson

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only
way to be sure."  Ellen Ripley, Aliens