DVD with multiple boot images

Tab Gilbert tabbox at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 14:39:17 UTC 2010

> > I am looking for a way to burn a single DVD with multiple OSes images and
> > can chose which OS to boot up.
> > Essentially I want to archive my old ubuntu discs on one dvd that I can
> > chose which version of ubuntu to boot with.
> > is this achievable and if so is there a simple way to go about doing it.

Interesting question.  Just thinking out loud but it would seem to be
possible on a thumb drive.  Install Karmic on a drive, mount it and then use
the partition manager to install the next version within Karmic.  Lather and
repeat.  Then grub would allow you to select which OS you wanted to use.
Have no clue as to if it would work or how one would go about moving a
working version to DVD but it would seem, in theory, to be doable.

tab