SoftModems/Linuxant

Xandros Pilosa folivora.pilosa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 09:01:29 UTC 2010

Dne 20.01.2010 (sre) ob 20:22 -0800 je NoOp zapisal(a):
[snip]

> The modem identifies itself in Win7 as a "HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem
> with SmartCP" which I gather from googling is it most likely a Conexant
> device. ScanModem doesn't recognize the device, but 'sudo ./scanModem
> fake 14f1:2f00' does.
>
> Tried the linuxant drivers & all that resulted in was a complete lost of
> sound on the laptop after installing the alsa-driver-linuxant.

>  Ended up
> purging & rebooting in order to get my sound back. Could be that I was
> running the 2.6.31-18-generic(64bit) (I'll back down to -17 to see if
> that makes a difference).

Hello NoOp,
in case you missed it:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DialupModemHowto/Conexant
several approaches,  mostly for Jaunty, but should work for Karmic as
well, especially directions from "Building latest hsfmodem driver + free
& full-speed Dell binaries". As for sound issue:
<quote>
For Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic users
Note: Using this driver may cause sound problems for (karmic) users.
Read this post to fix it:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8258559&postcount=21
</quote>

> Tried to find the Dell drivers, but Dell seems to have 404'ed their
> modem-drivers site...
[snip]
Here is direct link to the Dell driver (from the link above):

http://linux.dell.com/files/ubuntu/hardy/modem-drivers/hsf/hsfmodem-7.68.00.09oem.tar.gz

I hope this helps a bit.

Regards