yahoo chess cache, wrong version

Thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 23:35:28 UTC 2010

The page:

http://games.yahoo.com/ch

gives the following error:

"You have an old version of the client in your cache.

You will need to restart your browser and come back to retrieve the
current version.

If restarting does not work, manually clearing your browser's cache
should fix the problem."

My system:

thufir at ARRAKIS:~$
thufir at ARRAKIS:~$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_0"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.6.1) (6b16-1.6.1-3ubuntu1)
OpenJDK Client VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode, sharing)
thufir at ARRAKIS:~$
thufir at ARRAKIS:~$ firefox -version
Mozilla Firefox 3.5.7, Copyright (c) 1998 - 2009 mozilla.org
thufir at ARRAKIS:~$
thufir at ARRAKIS:~$ cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=9.10
DISTRIB_CODENAME=karmic
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 9.10"
thufir at ARRAKIS:~$

I cleared the cache from Firefox: edit, preferences, advanced, network,
offline storage, as well as exiting and restarting the browser -- same
result.  Is there a different browser?

Yahoo used to use Java, but I think now the chess client is flash (?),
and my system is up to date through apt-get.

Is this a Yahoo problem?  That's what I see at:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=798801&page=2

Other likely culprits: java script, flash, java or even firefox.  I'm
looking through Firefox for various settings, but haven't yet found any
related to this issue.

thanks,

Thufir