big backup file

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Sat Jan 16 00:22:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:16:38 -0700
"Karl F. Larsen" <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Johnneylee Rollins wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Karl F. Larsen
> > <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>        Yesterday I backed up with rsync -avz my 9.4 Ubuntu which I
> >> expected to be about 25 GB; lots of pictures ect. I looked at
> >> the backup hard drive and Gparted says the backup is 147GB!
> >> Almost the entire hard drive.

Karl - I'm wondering. Why would you use Gparted? Unless Gparted shows
more then disk drives and partitions.

Are you really trying to see how large a drive/partition is or are you
trying to view the size of the possible archive itself?

--
Best regards,

Chris

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the
government fears the people, there is liberty."

           -- Thomas Jefferson